HOW DOES A ROOFER BECOME A PLATINUM PREFERRED CONTRACTOR?
Owens Corning doesn’t invite every roofer to join their network of Platinum Preferred Contractors. In fact, only about 1 percent of roofers are hand-selected for the distinction. In order to be accepted, a contractor must meet the company’s rigorous qualification guidelines that include:
- Following all state and local requirements for licensing.
- Carrying a minimum of $1,000,000 in general liability insurance coverage.
- Being in good standing with the Better Business Bureau.
- Having a proven commitment to ongoing training, outstanding workmanship and customer service.
- Having a clear history with no liens or judgments.
- Undergoing a credit check and being financially solvent.
- Operating under their business name for at least 3 years.
BENEFITS OF HIRING AN OWENS CORNING PLATINUM PREFERRED CONTRACTOR
There are a couple of distinct advantages to hiring a roofer who’s part of the Owens Corning Platinum Preferred Contractor network:
Peace of mind. You can rest easy knowing that your contractor is a reputable professional with the training, skills, and experience to do the job right.
Warranty upgrades. Owens Corning’s best warranties are only offered through their top-level contractors, so you can choose a shingle that matches your needs and budget and a Platinum Protection Roof System Warranty that gives you up to a lifetime of material and workmanship coverage.